Customer Relationship Specialist, Lucentis Direct
310 DNA Way, SSF31 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Customer Relationship Specialist, Lucentis Direct to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Customer Relationship Specialist, Lucentis Direct
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Channel Operations’ mission is to ensure that the right product gets to the right place at the right time.
- Provide outstanding customer service to all internal and external customers, partners and other stakeholders
- Works with Lucentis Direct Supervisor and other team members to review/learn of Genentech business strategies, goals, as well as departmental goals and performance metrics relevant to his/her responsibilities
- Acts as the first-line of contact for external channel customers or other related external parties, assisting with all GNE product order and related requests
- Provides full-time telephone coverage, customer call handling. Receives and manages high-volume telephone calls/inquiries as well as departmental faxes or other communication methods
- Validates state licenses for all customers to ensure PDMA (Prescription Drug Marketing Act) compliance, creates, updates and issues licenses as appropriate
- Processes all external customer product orders, entering relevant data into departmental/company systems-processing orders for both Lucentis Direct as well as The Customer Service Portfolio which may include Tamiflu order processing during flu season
- Manages Genentech’ s carriers to ensure shipments are delivered on-time and escalates any concerns/issues to Transportation as needed
- Processes returns and invoice adjustments for various customer segments in addition to creating and issuing RA’ s (Return Authorizations) and fulfilling damaged Lucentis replacement order requests
- The successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies critical to this role:
- Decision Making - Thinks through problems clearly and logically, is decisive
- Technical and Business Expertise - Applies emerging knowledge and trends, builds strong relationships, contributes to expertise within and beyond assigned area
- Communication - Listens well, expresses ideas fluently and logically, is open to input and can be depended on for truthfulness
- Teamwork and Collaboration – Creates an atmosphere of openness and trust, collaborates, offers support and encouragement
- Achieving Results – Is goal directed and persistent, is accountable for meeting commitments, recognizes the contributions of peers
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s Degree or equivalent experience is preferred
- 2 or more years related work experience, i.e., customer service, administration-preferably gained within the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related industry
- Must demonstrate knowledge of data entry and good basic computer skills, e.g., proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, etc.
- Previous database/computer systems experience, particularly in a high-volume, customer service/call center environment is strongly preferred
- ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) systems experience, particularly SAP, is preferred
- Technical expertise and Microsoft Excel experience preferred, comfortable with both informal and formal UAT (user acceptance testing) strongly preferred
- Impeccable ethics and integrity
- Ability, comfort & commitment to operate in a highly regulated environment and industry that requires a fundamental understanding of adherence to company policies, procedures and relevant internal or external laws and regulations
- Good time management, organizational skills including both good written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to coordinate efforts across multiple departments to effectively resolve customer issues
- Positive proactive attitude, strategic agility and a mindset of continuous improvement
- Team Player
- Proven ability to effectively exercise judgment and discretion with confidential and sensitive information