1 Antibody Way
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16263
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Cost Controls Analyst to be part of our client’ s team in Oceanside. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Cost Controls Analyst:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the financial health of capital projects from funding approval, budget review, forecasting, and accruals to closeout.
- Sets up new Cost Logs based on the Credit Applications (CA) and the Work Breakdown Structure
- Tracks all projects in a standardized manner in order to monitor & control budgets
- Maintains the Project Folders in Project Controls on line and ensures active, in initiation, and completed are correctly in place
- Runs commitment & spend reports out of SAP to pull all of the latest commitments and spend and sorts the information so it can then be entered into the Cost Logs
- Enters all financial information into the Cost Logs: Budgets, Commitments, Invoices & Pay date & goes into g2g for any deep dives
- Alerts Project Controls with any questions/concerns or inaccuracies around the projects finances during monthly reconciliation against Finance’ s spend report
- The financial information from the updated cost logs is entered into the management presentations (OMMR, IMPACT, OLT) and the PM Project Update presentation
- Works on all the activities that it takes to close out a project before submitting the AIS form (Confirm TOP Completions, PO Closeouts, Final Invoicing etc)
- Run Report for Expense (4368) & Capital (1240); review with Project Controls for any questions
- Provides meeting minutes for EM Lite Monthly Mtgs; Staff meetings (Bi-Weekly); PD Monthly Project Review Meeting and other meetings as requested.
- Maintain accurate project forecasts, accruals, and review the overall financials of projects for accuracy and resolve any discrepancies with the vendor, project manager, accounts payable, finance, and purchasing.
- Analyze variances in cost and schedule performance against project plans.
- Create and maintain master project lists, statuses, budgets, change orders, invoices, etc.
- Collaboration with project managers, engineers, team members, and vendors to communicate the project processes and to provide guidance for capital purchase request entries, budgeting, and coding requirements.
- Responsible for working with project managers to develop and update project controls plans and change management.
- Work with key project individuals to devise and execute action plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work.
- Work with project managers to achieve a high level of forecasting accuracy.
- Ensures that the contractors’ project controls systems are capable of meeting company requirements and ensure that cost control techniques and tools are adequately and properly implemented.
- Proactively address project issues to support a successful project outcome.
- Generate and distribute various financial status reports such as dashboards, cash flows, cost summaries, and performance metrics to meet company standards.
- Effectively communicates with and influences all levels of the organization. Exercises excellent judgment in determining appropriate communications to internal and external stakeholders.
- Partners proactively with key customers and stakeholders (Manufacturing, MTS, Automation, Engineering, Facilities, Quality and Validation) to develop and execute capital projects that support business objectives.
- Partners proactively with other groups/functions (Finance, Procurement, Informatics, SHE, Planning, Legal, etc.) to meet project objectives, adhere to business processes impacting project planning/execution, and to implement business process changes.
- Influences and negotiates with project team members and project stakeholders to gain alignment and win concessions without damaging relationships.
- Create and maintain organized project file systems for each project.
- Ensure project cost control and inform others on funding requirements. Review commitments and expenditure for goods and services, including contractor, subcontractor, supplier, and consultant selection, as well as approval and control of any commitments charged to the project, including contracts, purchase orders, invoices, fees, travelling costs and expenses.
- Support knowledge exchange within Project Delivery. Participate in lessons learned workshops during and after handover of projects and integrate relevant input from previous projects
- Drives and promotes a culture of project management excellence in the organization. Supports continuous improvement of project delivery practices.
- Ensures assigned training requirements are current.
Summary of Qualifications:
- B.S. in Engineering, Economics/Business Administration, Finance or equivalent (e.g., cost engineer, quality surveyor) is required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience successfully managing project controls in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience with capital projects, project controls, and project scheduling.
- Experience from a background of manufacturing, design or construction.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft based programs.
- SAP knowledge preferred.
- Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, communication, negotiation, collaboration, and management skills.
- Strong technical leadership, collaboration, and sound business value based prioritization and problem solving skills. Excellent interpersonal, leadership and conflict resolution skills will be required, as the role works frequently in a resource challenged and schedule sensitive environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to effectively communicate ideas, goals, and results to various audiences. Must deliver effective presentations to senior management.
- Expertise in project management practices (including finance, risk management and control systems).
- Demonstrate strong analytical, spreadsheet, word processing and database skills necessary to process and present technical data in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent organization and time utilization skills.
- Use creativity and innovation to address urgent and/or complex problems and propose solutions.
- Fluent written and verbal English (proficiency in additional languages is a plus)
- Work in standard office environment.
- May work in the clean room environment that requires gowning in the form of hospital scrubs, bunny suits, gloves and steel toe boots be worn. Also, no makeup or jewelry can be worn when working in the clean room environment.
- May work with hazardous materials and chemicals.