Contract Associate III
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Contract Associate III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Contract Associate III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The job holder is part of the R&D Contracts Team in the Risk, Contracts & Compliance function. The Contract Manager will report directly into the Senior Contract Manager, R&D Vendor Contracts and will support Third Party Risk Management processes. In day to day operations time and effort is required to support and collaborate with a select number of functional stakeholders and cross-divisional global, regional and local procurement stakeholders. The Contracts Manager will support document development and negotiations for Clinical Research and Development Vendor contracts.
- Guide people – Provide contract process guidance to Procurement Sourcing and Category Management staff (and project related staff as appropriate
- Teamwork and collaboration – Foster teamwork and create a work culture that values collaboration across relevant functions, including functional service providers
- Execute operational activities – Understand the vision, mission and strategy of Global Procurement, Risk, Contracts & Compliance, sub-team and business partners. Work closely with Procurement and Business stakeholders to deliver the strategy through contracting operations. Execute operational tasks in alignment with agreed service levels. Assure issue resolution and maintain understanding of key aspects of the business process.
- Functional expertise in capability area - Demonstrate solid knowledge of general contracting operations and applicable systems. Advise business partners and understand the importance of issue and business partner relationship management to guarantee process and contract compliance.
- Ensure communication of decisions and updates - Execute process related communication and reporting for distribution through appropriate business channels
- Contract Drafting - Draft contractual provisions based on strategy discussions, stakeholder input, and organizational needs and expectations.
- Effective negotiation - Negotiate and apply skills in new situations. Ensure negotiations are authorized and planned following requirements of all parties, alignment to organizational objectives and within limits of delegated/contractual authority. Lead negotiations teams and guide other professionals in negotiations.
- Apply legal, compliance and/or 3rd party risk management concepts - Discuss complex terms and conditions. Guide other professionals and advise business partners. Identify risks involved in the related area of responsibility and procurement.
- Support documentation – Ensure training materials, relating to R&D Contract Processes is current and communicated to Procurement and business partners. Partner with Legal to update/maintain playbooks/alternative language
Summary of Required Skills:
- 8+ years related business experience, or 3-6+ years with JD, PhD, or Masters
- 3+ years contract management experience
- Risk management experience
- Demonstrated contract drafting and negotiation skills
- Excellent analytical, communication, influencing and networking skills
Summary of Desired Skills:
- JD or paralegal credentials or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of client Procurement and business stakeholder policies and processes
- Additional specialized professional legal, compliance or procurement-related certifications (e.g. IAPP Privacy Certification, C.P.M. or equivalent)
- Experience partnering with Procurement, preferably with R&D Vendors
- Experience working in global environment