Communication Specialist IV
301 DNA Way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Communication Specialist IV to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Communication Specialist IV:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Lead the communications strategy, and associated implementation, for initiatives and/or specific groups from beginning to end.
- Create high quality, compelling communications for a variety of internal channels (email, executive communications, presentations, speaker materials, live events, videos, websites, social media, etc).
- Support development of internal messaging and framework that enables effective cross-team communication and alignment.
- Track effectiveness of communication campaigns and manage feedback channels, using associated information to make recommendations in order to improve our strategies.
- Act as a trusted advisor and develop strong relationships with internal clients and colleagues at all levels.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience. (general business, public relations, marketing and/or communications disciplines are preferred).
- MBA or other related graduate-level degree is preferred.
- + 8 years of relevant experience in writing, communications.
- + 5 years of relevant experience with change management (i.e. developing communications strategies and plans around changes that affect people, process and/or technology).
- Biotech or pharma experience is highly desirable OR Knowledge of healthcare industry and the ability to bring this knowledge to bear when advising stakeholders and partners on communications strategies, plans, objectives, tactics, implications and impact.
- Previous corporate communications experience required and marketing experience is preferred.
- Experience creating strategic communications plans particularly during times of changes including executive communications, employee engagement at a great place to work.
- Creative problem-solver, with the ability to think, plan, and execute on multiple projects autonomously and in an organized fashion, balancing the long-term and urgent needs of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to work calmly and collaboratively in fast-paced and ambiguous environments, maintaining good judgment and the ability to escalate appropriately.
- Ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders.
- Strong creative ability, outstanding story-telling and business writing skills, and excellent editorial judgment.
- Business travel, by air or car, is required for regular internal and external business meetings.