Column Line Supervisor
24493 Clawiter Road Hayward, CA 94545
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Column Line Supervisor to be part of our Client’ s team in Hayward.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Column Line Supervisor
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Promote a positive, quality orientated team atmosphere
- Administer plant safety by ensuring all safe practices are in place and followed
- Communicate production goals, results, quality, and operation observation with employees daily
- Train and coach employees on Process Instructions, quality control procedures, sampling plans, part or equipment specifications and reporting parameters
- Maintain production logs containing column identification numbers, heat numbers, sequential production numbers and related parts tracking numbers
- Enforce policies, practices, procedures and tracking for production operations
- Complete employee reviews, hire and terminate employees as required
- Resolve fabrication issues and escalate design, fabrication and build issues to other individuals within the organization when appropriate
- Support training of production employees and provide mentoring support as required
- Interpret assembly drawings, and display knowledge of welding, welding standards and welding equipment in a structural environment
- Lead team to accomplish major objectives such as obtaining certifications, improving operational efficiencies, operational throughput and optimize product flow
- Maintain equipment per manufactures’ recommendations for preventive maintenance
- Prepare shift production meeting agendas and shift schedules
- Maintain records of employee discussions, near misses or injuries, attendance and production reporting
- Lead continuous improvement efforts for the cell
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Total of 5-8 years of experience in welding, fabrication and manufacturing or similar industry
- 3-5 years of supervisor experience
- Forklift certified
- Strong teamwork and team motivation skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to motivate and lead a work force to achieve desired goals
- Strong understanding of structural assembly and fabrication equipment
- Up-to-date knowledge of welding codes, standards, welding technologies, inspection processes and safety procedures
- Effective computer and reporting skills
- Fluency in both English and Spanish (not required but is a plus)