Clinical Research Study Leader
430 East 29th Street New York, NY 92056
Bayside Solutions is seeking Clinical Research Study Leader to be part of our client’ s team in New York. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Clinical Research Study Leader
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Leads the cross-functional Study Management Team (SMT). In the SMTL role, the CRSL is responsible for the planning, coordination, communication, motivation and setting the direction of the SMT, including obtaining agreement on study required timelines, budgets, objectives and goal-setting.
- Prepares and manages the budget/financial plan including overall study and site-level costs, collaborating with the respective stakeholders in contract negotiations and preparation, payment schedule and tracking.
- Identifies key milestones and tracks critical study activities, issues and strategic priorities. Provides regular updates as appropriate, to key stakeholders.
- With SMT partners, ensures the development of study protocols in conjunction with SMT members, case report forms (CRFs) with Data Management, and necessary regulatory documentation following the provision of clear objectives.
- Conducts protocol and site feasibility assessments to ensure optimal site selection.
- Accountable for all aspects of study management including supply management, biosample management, vendor selection and management, site initiation, training, monitoring, essential document management, closedown and archiving in accordance with current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and ICH Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines.
- Proactive management of all aspects of the study.
- Manages both internal and external partners.
- For outsourced studies, contributes to CRO selection activities and contract set-up, serves as primary contact with CRO PM and provides oversight of CRO, ensures communication between CRO, other vendors and SMT for the entire study lifecycle.
- Assures consistency and standards across a study or studies for all investigational sites and in line with project standards.
- Works with Pharma Development Quality Assurance as appropriate to ensure that studies are conducted to appropriate levels of quality.
- Ensures that all adverse events are documented and that serious adverse events are processed and reported according to current SOPs.
- Reviews study data listings for accuracy, discrepancies and formatting throughout the study and prior to inclusion in regulatory documentation and clinical study reports.
- CRSLII may provide support and mentoring to other CRSLs.
- Where appropriate, accountable to DBPT for planning, tracking and managing the operational budget, resources and timelines for the project against the agreed goals of the team.
- Sound understanding and appreciation of the scientific basis for different study types, ability to question scientific rationale and practical aspects of protocol design and to act as an equal partner for scientific team members.
- A Study Leader designated as CRSLII will lead the most complex studies in the portfolio. Throughout the course of a study, may have mentoring responsibilities for CR SL1 temporarily assigned to assist with complex programs.
- CRSLI candidates will have experience in Phase I or Phase II studies, but are not required to have specific therapeutic area experience.
- CRSLI employees will develop their skill sets by assisting more senior Study Leaders in the execution of complex studies.
- Bachelors, Master’ s degree or equivalent in a biomedical or life sciences discipline is required.
- Study management experience in clinical or pharmaceutical development.
- Working knowledge of international regulatory and ICH GCP guidelines.
- Required to have extensive experience leading Phase I and Phase II studies. In addition, experience in Phase II specific to more than one therapeutic area is preferred.
- Must have at least 10 years’ experience leading clinical studies in pharma and/or biotech.
- Proactive management of risk mitigation strategies to troubleshoot foreseeable consequences to a variety of decisions made by a team or an individual.
- Must have extensive experience in planning, risk mitigation strategies, trial budgets, site selection, clinical supplies management, sample management, conduct and monitoring of clinical studies (with preference for early phase studies).
- Must attain the capability representing the Study Management Group at Clinical Teams.
- Effective leadership skill to lead cross-functional teams across multiple time zones is required.
- Must have highly effective verbal and written communication/presentation skills in English.
- Effective team work and interpersonal skills (globally, internally and externally) including coaching and mentoring is a must.
- Critical reasoning skills including the identification and resolution of complex problems are required.
- Direct experience overseeing multiple vendors and sites with prior management or mentoring responsibilities is highly preferred.
- Global experience preferred.
- Willingness to travel.
- Must demonstrated business awareness.