Clinical Laboratory Scientist
521 Cottonwood Dr., Suite 121 Milpitas, CA 95035
Shift: Morning Shift (6-8am start time
- It’ s a hybrid position, willingness to work with R&D
- ALL CLS’ s Needs to hold State of CA License.
Day to day: Consist they maintain clinic lab, run samples as they come in, Help with R&D experiments. A little research bckg is a big plus
Years of Experience: At least 1 year (or in school as well)
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to be a part of our Client’ s team in Milpitas. Our partner is a biotech company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of diagnostic tests and services for patients with conditions that are often overlooked and undertreated.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist
We are seeking an experienced Clinical Laboratory Scientist to join our client’ s team. As the a lead CLS, you will be working in a CLIA laboratory, working closely with the R&D team and the Life Sciences services team to develop and introduce new diagnostic tests and services.
As the Clinical Laboratory Scientist you will be responsible for any and all patient testing plus related quality procedures such as test performance, specimen processing, and reporting test results.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in immunoassays, excellent analytical skills, and expert knowledge of regulatory requirements.
Reporting Relationships: Reports to the Technical Supervisor and is directly accountable to the Laboratory Director.
- An opportunity to join a medical device organization.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Independently performs moderate and highly complex clinical tests and accurately enters results
- Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness; monitors and maintains their supply
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control materials
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing
- Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures
- Provides on-going technical guidance to Laboratory Assistants
- Instructs new employees on laboratory procedures
- Responsible for performing daily/general/preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment
- Responsible for accurate documentation and maintaining records, especially as it relates to the CLIA laboratory
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining compliance with HIPAA regulations
- Follows all laboratory policies and procedures including, but not limited to, general processes, safety and quality
- Sets up, performs and reports test analysis results for moderate and high complexity tests
- Gathers P/M and QC data for supervisors to OK prior release of any patient’ s results
- Closely monitors controls and QC material performance data
- Knowledgeable in all “ Out of Control Protocols”
- Prepares orders and maintains reagents and supplies as required
- Prioritizes tasks and duties consistent with the CLIA laboratory goals
- Properly escalates issues to, and effectively communicates with, the Supervisor
- Experience in test validation, technical transfers, as well as authoring procedures and QC documents
- Participates in special projects and product development including product transfer into the CLIA lab
Qualifications and Skills
- Must have a bachelor’ s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution, or the equivalent
- Must hold a current State of California license in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science. If candidate holds a limited license, it must be a Clinical Chemistry sub-specialty
- Minimum of 1 year of laboratory training and/or experience in high complexity testing
- Preferred at least 1 year of supervisory experience in a CLIA-certified lab
- Demonstrated proficiency in patient testing, quality control, quality assurance, project management, and analysis of results
- Sufficient knowledge and understanding of laboratory operations and their relationship to the organization to solve testing, quality, and customer service issues
- Preferably have experience with biotech and has been a CLS with experience with Quality, Data Analysis, and wet lab as well
- Experience with RD and/or eager to work in that environment as well
- Not looking to build a CLIA lab but an emphasis on how to maintain at the high level required
- Knowledge of CLIA regulations and CAP guidelines
- Must have excellent interpersonal and language skills to communicate proactively with physicians, customers, and colleagues
- Highly detail oriented, analytical, and a problem-solver
- Collaborative, reliable, cooperative, flexible, and other skills of an effective team player
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The Clinical Laboratory Scientist position requires an ability to frequently sit or stand and to talk and hear. The position involves spending extensive time at a lab bench and at computer terminals setting up assays, analyzing data, and preparing reports, summaries, and presentations. Frequently, the employee will be required to use their hands to pipette precisely, handle small device components, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, and occasionally handle heavy jars/totes and gas cylinders. Vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.