Clinical Laboratory Scientist
521 Cottonwood Dr., Suite 121 Milpitas, CA 95035
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Scientist to be part of our partner’ s team in the San Francisco East Bay Area.
This is a great opportunity for candidates in the medical device industry to help test and launch an improved product.
Our partner’ s culture relies on innovation, teamwork, accountability, and integrity.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist
- An opportunity to join a medical device organization.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Independently performs moderate and highly complex clinical tests and accurately enters results
- Prepares and tests new reagents or controls and evaluates their usefulness; monitors and maintains supply
- Performs test calibrations and runs Quality Control material
- Evaluates the acceptability of routine analysis prior to releasing patient reports
- Accurately performs and records proficiency testing
- Initiates troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and notifies Supervisor
- Provide on-going technical guidance to Laboratory Assistants. Instructs new employees as to procedure
- Maintains professional growth through continuing education
- Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and/or calibration of laboratory equipment
- Demonstrates high level of integrity and honesty in maintaining HIPAA regulations
- Follow all laboratory policies and procedures including, but not limited to, general processes, safety and quality
- Set-up, perform and report test analysis results in moderate and high complexity departments of the laboratory
- Performs and documents manufacturer’ s recommended preventive maintenance procedures on instruments on which they work
- Gathers P/M and QC data for supervisors to OK prior release of any patient’ s results
- Knowledgeable in all “ Out of Control Protocols”
- Maintains records and reports all problems to a general supervisor as required
- Prepares orders and maintains reagents and supplies required
Summary of Qualifications:
- Must have a bachelor’ s degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory science or medical technology from an accredited institution, or the equivalent
- Must hold a current State of California license in Medical Technology/Clinical Laboratory Science. If candidate holds a limited license, it must be include a Clinical Chemistry sub-specialty
- Minimum of 1 years of laboratory training and/or experience in high complexity testing
- Minimum of 1 years of supervisory experience in a lab
- Demonstrated proficiency in patient testing, quality control, quality assurance, project management, and analysis of results
- Knowledge and understanding of laboratory operations and their relationship to the organization sufficient to solve testing, quality or customer service problems
- Knowledge of CAP guidelines
- Proficient at Microsoft Office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint)