Clinical Contract Manager
4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Clinical Contract Manager to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Clinical Contract Manager
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Clinical Contracts Specialist Sr (position title may be Clinical Contracts Manager) works closely with project, people, and functional leaders across Clinical Operations & Biometrics, Procurement, Legal, Finance, and Suppliers to ensure appropriate contracts are in place for COBM projects and payments associated to contracts are issued to vendors.
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates clinical trial agreements (Master Service Agreements, Work Orders, and Clinical Trial Agreements) and site budgets with US and ex-US institutions.
- Evaluate changes in study protocols to determine the impact on clinical trial site budgets; develop, negotiate and finalize budget amendments.
- Provide continuing support on executed agreements (e.g., drafting amendments, extensions and terminations, interpreting contractual language in response to issues or questions that arise).
- Work closely and communicate with members of the Lifecycle Finance teams and other internal stakeholders; provide timely updates on contract and site budget status’, identifying and escalating any potential critical path items as appropriate.
- Track, maintain and update assigned contract information within the COBM Clinical Trial Management System (CTMS) and other tracking tools, to ensure completeness and accuracy, as applicable.
- Works with Supplier Relationship Manager and Legal to establish Master Services Agreement (MSA) for as many suppliers as possible.
- Works with Supplier Relationship Manager to incorporate Key Performance Indicators into contracts for applicable suppliers.
- Establish Purchase Orders (PO), review related Invoices, track spend against contracts / PO’ s, and report spend as necessary.
- Other tasks may be assigned from time to time to support overall COBM function.
- Manages staff; provides staff with coaching, training and opportunities to develop skills, and gives ongoing, constructive and timely feedback on performance and progress toward goals and expectations.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s Degree in Business / Finance or industry related field. OR Master' s Degree in Business / Finance or industry related field degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 5 years of contract drafting, negotiation, and finalizing experience within Diagnostics and/or Pharmaceutical industry
- 5 years of specific RFI, RFP, Contracting and/or Budget management experience
- 4 years clinical trial experience