1450 Fashion Island Blvd. San Mateo, CA 94404 | Contract-to-Hire
System Engineer (Citrix)
Industry: Financial Service
Duration: Contract to Hire
Location: San Mateo, CA
Interview Process: Phone, Onsite
Bayside Solutions is an industry-leading provider of staff augmentation and consulting services. Since 2001, we’ ve built our company around a single concept – relationships. We focus on the people we serve. We’ re straightforward, consistent and 100% accountable. We deliver intelligent solutions that help our clients and candidates thrive.
We are looking for a talented Senior Citrix Engineer who will be responsible for system design, stability and performance for client' s Citrix infrastructure, VDI Infrastructure and Management, Desktop OS and related productivity applications.
- You will serves as the SME for recommendations for system design for published applications and provides third level support for problem escalations.
- You will be evaluating the firm’ s Citrix and Desktop environments, looking at ways to introduce efficiencies by working with IT Application teams and the firm’ s end-user base to design solutions that meet the client’ s needs
- Handles system design, stability, engineering and troubleshooting within the Citrix, Desktop and SCCM environments
- Provides third level operational support for escalated issues
- Demonstrates diplomacy, team work, collaboration and creative problem solving
- Implements and maintains standards and processes including rollout, design and support documentation
- Works with team members to streamline processes and perform standard administrative functions as needed
- Develop and maintain close relationship with technology partners
- Demonstrates a clear understand and expertise for deployment of networking technologies in a virtualized environment and be able to present these concepts in conjunction with firm networking specialists
- Develop a complete published application solution, taking into account sizing, infrastructure, data protection, disaster recovery and application requirements
- Take on leadership roles and serve as project lead, managing resources as required
- Evaluate current operation processes and documentation and identify areas for improvement and implement enhancement
- Effectively communicate solution architectures to firm IT staff and project teams creating and delivering presentations and or training
- Ensure that technical architecture proposals are sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology addressing business needs.
- 5+ years’ experience with administrative and architectural knowledge of Citrix, Netscalers, SCCM and Windows Desktop OS
- Strong understanding of scripting languages such as PowerShell or VBScript
- Strong experience deploying global Citrix solutions via XenApp and XenDesktop in a virtual environment
- Experience with Citrix Provisioning Services
- Experience deploying and managing a global thin client environment
- Experience in deploying monitoring tools like ControlUp or similar
- Extensive knowledge of Windows operating systems, including registry management, File and Print and deployment
- Experience with SCCM architecture in a global setting, configuration including deployment of applications and images and management of systems
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, Group policy
- Prior experience working in Financial Service/Banking industries
- Citrix Certification
- Strong experience working with Netscaler architecture, and deployment of load balancing policies within a Citrix environment.
- Experience with (GSLB) Global Server Loan Balancing