Chemistry Research Associate
340 Pt. San Bruno Blvd., SSF13 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Chemistry Research Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Chemistry Research Associate
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide general outsourcing support on the synthesis of organic compounds at the contract research organizations (CROs).
- Manage outsourcing activities and operations (quotation, PO, invoice and payment).
- Interface between the contract research organizations (CROs) and internal chemists.
- Manage, track, monitor, and report performance on CRO’ s science, operations, quality, cost, and customer service.
- Provide proactive administrative support Discovery Chemistry Outsourcing team (contracts with CROs, CDA/SOW, due diligence activities at CROs/business trips, Customs clearance, face meetings at CROs and travel arrangements, CRO visits, etc).
- In addition, the responsibilities may also involve the structural elucidation/analysis, characterization and quality control of organic compounds by NMR, HPLC, LC-MS and other analytical methods.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BSc or MS degree in (organic) chemistry; Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
- Excellent oral/written communication and organizational skills are essential.
- Outstanding project management skills desired.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to develop effective working relationships with internal stakeholders, CROs, and cross-functional, cross-cultural teams;
- Computer and software savvy necessary.