7707 Gateway BLVD Suite 140 Newark, CA 94560
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Chemist I-II to be part of our client’ s team in Newark. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K
Summary of Responsibilities:
- High throughput synthesis of peptides and purification to support discovery projects
- The individual will work with team of chemists
- Use solid phase synthesizer to synthesize peptides
- Use HPLC for sample analysis and purification
- Use reverse phase HPLC technique and lyophilizations
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS / MS in Organic Chemistry with 2-3 years of relevant industrial experience
- Demonstrated experience in modern synthetic organic chemistry and standard analytical methods (HPLC, LCMS) and data analysis
- Experience in purification techniques including column chromatography and HPLC techniques
- The use of solid-phase and solution chemistry techniques
- Excellent communication of project rationale, key experimental results, in appropriate verbal and written form
- Good ability to manage own priorities and deliverables, both independently and in the team setting
- Accurate and comprehensive recording of experimental work and presentation of results to work colleagues
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications; Word, Excel, Outlook