Capital Equipment Buyer - Procurement
1360 OâBrien Drive Menlo Park, CA 94025
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Capital Equipment Buyer - Procurement to be part of our client’ s team in Menlo Park that will be relocating to Fremont within the following year. This is an opportunity to work with a fully integrated commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Capital Equipment Buyer – Procurement
Our qualified candidate will have relevant experience specifically with procuring large capital equipment for labs and manufacturing processes. You will also have experience managing and leading a large procurement effort for major construction projects. In this role, you will be responsible for successfully executing procurement activities for capital projects as well as negotiating contracts and services.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and support in planning, organizing and controlling the procurement of capital equipment and services for expansion projects
- Lead competitive bid and contracting process for major equipment and service contracts
- Expedite deliveries of equipment and services within project schedule/deadlines
- Negotiation of all commercial terms including pricing, delivery of documents and equipment, INCO terms, warranty terms, installation requirements and services, payment terms (including progress payments), and liquidated damages
- Development of equipment procurement, expediting, and logistics execution plans
- Manage the approval and retention process for procurement documents
- Works closely with Project Managers to ensure procurement decisions support the projects
- Submit monthly and weekly procurement reports to the operations team and project controls
- Bachelor of Science in Business or a related degree
- Relevant experience with construction projects and preferably within the biotech/pharma industry
- Knowledge of supply chain and materials management principles – specific to engineering and construction projects is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Netsuite experience a plus
- Strong negotiation, communication, organizational and team-building skills