Cable Assembler -1
2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Cable Assembler - 1 to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Cable Assembler - 1
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Assembles cables, cable harnesses, and electronic/electro-mechanical assemblies under close supervision.
- Follows written or electronic assembly instructions which may be in the form of “ MPI” s” (Manufacturing Process Instructions), blueprints, and verbal instructions.
- Checks parts count and any special packaging or handling requirements.
- Sets up parts in work area, selects tools required to complete the operation, performs simple testing (e.g. “ pull test”), and submits first piece for QA approval.
- Saves first part as sample to use as a reference and inspects parts frequently to assure meeting quality requirements.
- Notifies the lead if discrepancy from a previous operation is determined.
- Assures proper handling and stacking of parts.
- Determines when and if a process is complete, and assures accurate count.
- Cleans work area.
- Adds special tooling or templates to department’ s tooling lists and notifies inspector or lead to update work order.
- May perform other product testing under close supervision.
- Requires 2 years of previous cable assembly work.
- Ability to:
- Solder, crimp, and strip wires.
- Understand moderately complex written and verbal instructions
- Use hand tools, crimpers, wire cutters, drills, and related wire preparation tools
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Light work”, however some may involve “ Medium Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.