2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a CNC Programmer to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose. This is an opportunity to work with a large manufacturing company with an on-going effort to use progressive practices, including manufacturing “ cells” and demand-flow technology.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Primary duty as the CNC programmer is to program and produce high quality machined parts on the CNC mill in a cost efficient manner.
Difference from lower level position:
CNC Programmer is the highest-level position within the CNC series and should have the highest level of overall machining knowledge. This includes but is not limited to creating new programs and altering existing programs. This position may supervise the day-to-day work activities of other personnel within the CNC department.
- Programs CNC mill. May occasionally set-up and run CNC mill
- Enters part run times and program numbers into VISUAL MANUFACTURING
- With guidance from the Production Control Manager, schedules workload as required to meet customer due date
- Works directly with estimators to establish machining cost
- Programs, sets up, and runs all machine shop equipment
- Designs and builds fixtures for machining or part production / inspection
- May supervise and train lower level personnel on CNC machine operations
- Pre-program existing programs if necessary to allow machine to run at maximum efficiency
- Program speeds and feeds to allow machine to run at maximum efficiency
- Develops most cost effective methods for part fabrication
- Other duties as assigned
Requires management approval for activities that involve financial obligations of the Company. This position has indirect financial impact. Properly planned, programmed, and machined parts contribute greatly to the Company' s profitability. Failure in any of those aspects may result in lost revenue.
Interacts with Management and Manufacturing on many levels including, Estimating, Machining, Tooling, and Production scheduling.
May supervise a Programmer or Machinist. Receives primary supervision from the Production Control Manager and occasional direction from the Director of Manufacturing.
Education and Experience
- 6 years minimum machining experience (at least 2 years specifically CNC Programmer)
- Requires ability to read and write English
- Requires ability to perform arithmetic problems