2701 Orchard Pkwy
Industry: Light Industrial
Job Number: 15616
Bayside Solutions is seeking a CNC Lathe Operator to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
CNC Lathe Operator
Summary of Responsibilities
Primary duty is to produce high quality machined parts in a cost efficient manner.
- Sets up and Runs CNC 2 axis lathes, sub-spindle and live tooling lathe
- Adjusts feeds and speeds, and makes other minor on-machine program changes as needed, and conveys changes back to programming
- Observes tool functioning and wear, and replaces tools mid-job if needed. Performs 2nd operation steps (hardware installation etc) when requested
- Performs dimensional and visual inspection of parts
- Logs on and off jobs accurately in Visual ERP
- Other duties as assigned
- Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly and perform basic preventative maintenance functions on equipment as required (way lube, coolant)
May guide or provide training for a Machining Trainee. Receives primary supervision from the machining shift supervisor, or occasional direction from the machine shop Manager
Job Requirements Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years minimum in set-up and operating Haas or Fanuc based CNC 2 axis, sub-spindle and live tooling lathe
- Mill turn experience is desired
Knowledge / Skills:
- Basic machining knowledge, including feeds and speeds, materials, tooling types and uses
- “ Everyday” familiarity with at least one of the following CNC controls: Fanuc, Mazak, Haas
- Familiarity with surface finishes and callouts
- Use of basic machining inspection tools including calipers, micrometer, height gage, pin gages, thread gages
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Geometric dimensioning and tolerances
- Ability to perform arithmetic computation, including basic trigonometry
- Moderate ability to communicate verbally in English, to understand technical directions on blueprints, travelers, and computer screens in English,, and to create understandable written job status reports for shift changes