Buyer/Planner (GMP) I
21 Pimentel Court Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Buyer/Planner (GMP) I to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Buyer/Planner (GMP) I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- This position is responsible for the purchasing and planning of raw materials used in manufacturing in a GMP environment.
- It is expected this will be achieved through thorough and collaborative demand analysis, use of MRP, purchase order execution/management, development of strong cross-functional relationships, solid supplier relationship development, performance measurement and contracting with a focus on internal customer needs.
- This role will be responsible for maintaining the ongoing supply of all raw materials used in manufacturing our products in the 0 to 12-month horizon. This position may also have responsibility for purchasing of non-GMP related items and will involve working closely with Colleagues in Global Procurement where the 1 year to 5-year sourcing requirements of the business are the focus.
- The Buyer will also operate at a level in the organization which has a more visible impact in day to day operations
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business/Supply Chain/Science or similar
- Professional affiliations or memberships are an advantage
- Preferred 5-10 years of GMP purchasing experience
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of purchasing experience
- Experience in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical Research or Manufacturing environment a strong plus
- Oracle MRP / ERP experience is an advantage
- Highly skilled at electronic spreadsheet analysis (Excel based)