4300 Hacienda Drive
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 15274
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Business Solution Analyst/Consultant to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Business Solution Analyst/Consultant
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Serves as a liaison between the business community and IT to enable technical solutions to meet user needs. Specialized in requirements gathering and data analysis. Translates highly complex and ambiguous requirements (from Business and IT) into detailed user requirements, Mapping current business, customized and technical requirements, data model and migration from legacy to new solution while maintaining defined security, quality and financial requirements.
- Analyze business partner' s operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions
- Assist in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology
- Translate high level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manage changes to such specifications
- Apply business process functional knowledge to the design and improvement of those processes with the objective to improve systems utilization and business efficiencies
- Define solution scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business systems and industry requirements
- Evaluate alternative informatics technologies where required and research industry best practices and emerging trends
- Participate in the creation and design of solution(s)s and procedures, optimizing business processes at a global level in the area of expertise.
- Develop and manage the respective business critical know-how based on requirements activity and within the said area of expertise.
- Consults on planning activities in support of the project
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum Requirement: BS in Computer Science, engineering or equivalent degree and/or experience
- Preferred: Postgraduate qualifications at a Masters level or 5+ years of working experience in LIMS
- 5 or more years of professional IT experience in a major, global organization
- Expert knowledge in area of expertise and preferably a broad IT experience
- Project Management (PMI preferred)
- Industry recognized certifications in the relevant area are a plus
- Broad and strong expertise in the electronic Laboratory Notebook system, Waters NuGenesis eLN and IDBS E-WorkBook is a plus
- Project Management and Business Analysis experience
- Experience in working in a regulated environment and with Computer System Validation
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry procedure and workflows is a plus
- Strong communication skills
- International mindset with clear goal orientation
- Able to lead and/or support change
- Special Requirements
- Advanced English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills
- Flexibility to work outside of normal working hours