Business Operations Analyst II
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Business Operations Analyst II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Business Operations Analyst II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- We are seeking a talented and experienced business analyst to contribute to and help with development of informatics systems in Development Sciences Informatics (DevSci Informatics).
- The candidate will perform business analysis tasks as a member of the Informatics Systems team, to support software development efforts for or assay registration tool. In the process of performing this work, the candidate will communicate extensively with research heads, research scientists, research associates, analysts, software developers, DSI members and vendor representatives.
- Development Sciences is a translational science organization that plays a critical role with Research and Early Development of products. DevSci Informatics is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems.
- Interacting with scientists, gathering requirements and understand business process
- Documenting stories, use cases, epics, business rules, gathering user feedback etc.
- Quickly learn about dependent systems, projects and tools in our complex ecosystem
- Coordination with scientists and internal/external stakeholders
- Participate in product team meetings and provide subject matter expertise to the team
- Collaborate with Project Managers/Scrum Masters, Architects, Engineers, Developers, Quality Assurance, and User Experience Designers on scope, solutions, constraints, and risks
Required Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s or higher degree in a life sciences or computing field with three to four years of experience in Biotech/Pharmaceutical R&D
- 3-4 years of experience doing business analysis in life sciences setting
- Familiarity in early research stage pharmaceutical drug development
- General understanding of R&D processes and the scientific data lifecycle.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and analytical skills
- Excellent teamwork
- Familiarity with tools to document user stories, epics etc. such as Jira
Desired Summary of Qualifications:
- An understanding of data standards, ontologies and taxonomies and their relevance to informatics systems for early drug development
- Knowledge of research assays for early research stage pharmaceutical drug development
- Familiarity for process and workflow management for assay registration
- Familiarity with designing complex data models for scientific data
- Familiarity with APIs