Business Analyst I
301 DNA Way, SSF36 South San Francisco, CA 94080 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Business Analyst I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with one of the largest Biopharmaceutical companies in the world developing innovative medicine to improve the quality of patients’ lives.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Business Analyst I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Gather user requirements for Tableau dashboards
- Provide users with reports on a regular or as needed basis (e.g. SAP Training Reports)
- Support ad-hoc data or reporting needs through Excel, Google Sheets, Tableau, etc.
- Maintain and update EHS website. Support migration of website from HTML to Wordpress.
- Coordinate software upgrades on a regular basis by communicating and working with software vendors and the IT department.
- Work with users to optimize existing spreadsheets and Google Sheets or other processes.
- Develop Google Scripts to create and/or enhance functionality of Google Sheets and Google Forms which support EHS programs.
- Query SQL and Oracle databases to provide data to users and to troubleshoot data issues.
- Work with PharmaInformatics (IT) to resolve software related issues.
- A bachelor’ s degree is required. A degree in engineering, computer science or related technical field is highly preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant working industry experience.
- Experience with development of Tableau dashboards with connections to various data sources (Third-party databases, Excel, Google Sheets, etc.)
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence stakeholders and work with them to understand their needs and develop acceptable solutions.
- Ability to generate queries to interact with Oracle and SQL databases.
- Competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint.
- Familiarity with the entire Google Suite of applications (Sites, Sheets, Slides, Forms, Docs, Scripts, etc.)
- Excellent documentation skills and.
- Experience creating detailed reports that are easily understood by the user/customer.