Business Analyst (Portfolio Accounting and Reconciliation Systems)
1450 Fashion Island Blvd. San Mateo, CA 94404
Client industry: Financial Services
Location: San Mateo, CA
Position: Senior Business Analyst
Interview process: Video interviews
Must have experience: Portfolio Accounting and Reconciliation
Our client in San Mateo is currently looking for experienced Senior Business Analyst to join their Technical Analyst team for a long-term contract. In this role you will support IT and the business through advanced analysis and design, maintenance, and implementation of projects and process improvements. This role requires you to have extensive working knowledge of Portfolio Accounting and Reconciliation.
- Responsible for managing technical development of software from inception through user acceptance, including projects which affect multiple departments and/or pose high risk situations.
- Designs steps and modules, defines timelines, identifies and resolves issues.
- Presents options and manages client expectations.
- Utilizes design skills to define Technical Design Specifications for complex and high impact projects.
- Creates logic flow charts and process diagrams.
- Troubleshoots and resolves client issues. May be responsible for client support to an entire business unit.
- Researches external software solutions.
- Make business recommendations based on critical analysis
- Gain and maintain knowledge of client’ s systems architecture
- Maintain a high-level of accuracy and timeliness while managing multiple requests with varying complexities and due dates
- Identify ways to streamline processes by recommending items for automation, re-structuring, or elimination
- Bachelor’ s degree in MIS, computer science, math, or other science field required
- 5-7 years’ experience in supporting software programs; or equivalent combination of education/experience
- Previous experience serving as a technical business analyst or systems analyst in software applications development organization preferred
- Solid understanding of Enterprise applications development
- Above average analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication and partnering skills
- Strong ability to prioritize across various tasks, manage changes in daily workload, and operate under several simultaneous deadlines
- Comfortable in a dynamic and collaborative environment