2701 Orchard Pkwy San Jose, CA 95134
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Brake Operator – Swing Shift to be part of our Client’ s team in San Jose.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, and was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area, in San Jose.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Brake operators must have a thorough knowledge of the following:
- Tools-Know how to use dial and vernier calipers, plate protractor, tape measure, square and calculator
- Blue Print-Basic blue print reading, including but not exclusive to part rotation and view identification
- Math-Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division and metric conversion
***Swing shift and for Weekend shift***
- Tools-Use of micrometers, height gauges, bevel protractors, dial and travel indicators
- Blue Print Reading-Thorough understanding of blue print reading including but not exclusive to Geometric Dimension & Tolerancing (GD&T) symbols that pertain to form such as straightness, flatness, perpendicularly and finish requirements
- Math-Good understanding of sheet metal lay out including but not exclusive to trigonometry as it pertains to sheet metal as well as K, X, Z factors, BA, fractional conversion and Pi
- Production Skills-Well-developed skills in production that pertain to part manipulation and throughput (how to make good parts quickly and stack them correctly)
- Machine Skills- operators must have thorough understanding and knowledge of use of all forming machines within the department including: Amada, Toyokoki and DiAcro brakes. Also required are advanced set up and tooling manipulation skills, basic tool making and design of form tools
- The Swing Shift is Monday through Thursday 1: 30 pm to 12: 00 am
- Most assigned tasks for this position may involve “ Light work”, however some may involve “ Medium Work” as defined below. The hiring authority may review the applicant’ s physical ability based on the specific tasks to be assigned:
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.