Biosample Research Scientist
151 Oyster point blvd South SF, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biosample Research Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with a great Biotechnology company focused on the discovery and development of therapies for patients with neurodegenerative diseases, including Alzheimer’ s disease, Parkinson’ s disease, ALS and others.
Our client was founded by scientists, industry experts and investors who share the vision that recent scientific insights into the genetic causes and biological processes underlying neurodegenerative disease, together with new translational medicine tools, offer an unprecedented opportunity to discover and develop effective medicines. Denali is rigorously pursuing a science-driven approach to translational medicine and clinical development.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biomarker Research Scientist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Isolate white blood cells / PBMCs from human blood by rigorously following a standardized procedure
- Organize and maintain a sample biorepository, including accessioning samples in an electronic database, labeling / barcoding, and reconciling with physical cold chain storage
- Participate in migration to Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Willing to work some Saturdays and evening hours with minimum 24 hours advance notice of timing
- BS/MS with at least 2 years of academic or industry laboratory experience
- Experience working with human whole blood including isolation of PBMCs
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- General computer skills (including Excel)
- Ability to multi-task, ask questions, and excel in a dynamic work environment