Biosample Operations Lab Technician I
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biosample Operations Lab Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biosample Operations Lab Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Biosample Lab Associate (BLA) is responsible for performing activities and processes related to sample processing, tracking, storage, and transport of biological samples for clinical and non-clinical trials.The BLA works under supervision and guidance of the Biosample processing Lab Manager to ensure that lab activities fulfill customer needs and is responsible for achieving operational excellence in quality, service level, cost and compliance.
- Responsible for manual and/or automated sample processing for clinical specimens i.e. blood, serum, plasma, urine, stool, DNA/RNA aliquoting.
- Responsible for DNA/RNA isolation from various clinical sample types (Blood, Tissues, PBMCs, Plasma, Saliva, FFPE, Stool) on a routine basis, according to timelines set by the lab manager.
- Responsible for in-process QC methods to assess quality of samples.
- Responsible for process improvement, method development, qualification, and implementation of laboratory instruments
- Responsible for finding innovative methods to meet stakeholders need.
- Responsible for importing processed samples to LIMS.
- Responsible for receiving samples, accessioning samples into LIMS, and preparing samples for distribution to internal/external testing labs.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum: BS Degree in science and 3-5 years of lab experience handling biological samples and experience in Molecular Biology techniques
- Preferred: MS with > 3 years of hands-on experience handling biological samples and Molecular Biology techniques in a Pharma/Biotechnology or academic biosample repository labs or clinical labs.
- Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory managing clinical or non-clinical samples
- Demonstrated experience in molecular techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, Picogreen & Ribogreen quantitation, Tape station, PCR, RT-PCR, Flow cytometry.
- Demonstrated experience in RNA work flows.
- Experience in utilizing a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation.
- Requires attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry, while maintaining study timelines.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, paired with partnering and performance skills.
- Team player with demonstrated good interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area.
- Good level of initiative and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with PC computer systems, including email and calendar applications and MS Office. Good organizational skills, multitasking, ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Customer orientated mind-set.
- Experience with RNA Sequencing, Flowcytometry
- Good theoretical and practical understanding of RNA handling and analysis
- Working knowledge of laboratory functions (ex. LIS, LIMS, Quality, etc.)
- Computer skills in laboratory informatics systems and data processing.
- Experience working in multi-cultural teams