660 E Grand Ave., SSF47
South San Francisco,
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16017
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biosample Operations Lab Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biosample Operations Lab Technician I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Receives study samples via the receiving dept. and/or couriers into BRM Operations, including unpacking and checking of received samples.
- Performs inventory of inbound shipments, logs samples into sample management databases and manages sample discrepancies as necessary, with support from BRM Project Support.
- Ensures that samples are managed and stored according to protocol requirements and BRM Operations best practices.
- Sets-up and prepares outbound shipping requests and related documents within agreed timelines, packs samples for dispatch according to the applicable transport regulations.
- Organizes and tracks sample shipments to internal and external analytical laboratories, arranges for appropriate transport, liaises with Couriers or local shipping department, as appropriate.
- Destroys samples in accordance with applicable guidelines on request.
- Follows appropriate GCP lab guidelines
- Works in accordance with all applicable Controlled Documents (e.g. SOPs, Working Instructions, Working Documents), as appropriate, to complete sample handling & processing activities and according to local health and safety rules
- Maintains a neat working environment in laboratory work areas.
- Completes, files, and archives all relevant study documentation according to the applicable controlled documents
- Ensures that the BRM sample management databases are maintained up to date and are in accordance with the completed study activities and sample status
- Liaises with Project Support, as needed, to provide status updates on study related activities to BRM customers
- Coordinates with other BRM Operations staff on study related issues.
- Escalates issues to local supervisor or Sr. BLA as appropriate, to obtain guidance and direction.
- Supports the Lab Head and the Biosample Operations Lab Supervisor in implementing new processes, systems and SOPs/guidance.
- Monitors freezers (e.g. temperature monitoring, issue logs, maintenance, freezer space & organization etc.)
- Provides administrative support to the functioning of the lab, as appropriate (use of ordering system, manage consumables, maintain inventory lists etc.)
Summary of Qualifications:
- Preferred: BS with at least 3 years of experience in molecular biology techniques applied in a pharmaceutical/biotech company
- Minimum: Associate Degree in science or equivalent recognized qualification and/or 1-2 years of experience in similar sample handling and processing laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory managing clinical or non-clinical samples
- Experience in utilizing a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation
- Proficiency with PC computer systems, including email and calendar applications and MS Office.
- Good organizational, multitasking, and prioritization skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Requires attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry, while maintaining study timelines.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, paired with partnering and performance skills.
- Team player with demonstrated good interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines
- Customer orientated mind-set
- Good level of initiative and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision
- Computer skills in laboratory informatics systems and data processing
- Experience working in multi-cultural teams