Biosample Operations Lab Technician I
660 E Grand Ave., SSF47 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biosample Operations Lab Technician I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biosample Operations Lab Technician I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Performs manual and/or automated sample processing for serum/plasma/urine/DNA/RNA aliquoting.
- Performs DNA/RNA isolation from various clinical sample types (Blood, Tissues, WBCs, plasma, saliva, urine) on a routine basis, according to timelines set by the Supervisor.
- Performs in-process QC methods to assess quality of samples.
- Maintains detailed laboratory records of samples QC steps and related quality data.
- Supports the evaluation of novel technologies and techniques for their suitability for analyzing clinical samples.
- Supports method development, qualification, and implementation of laboratory instruments.
- Supports laboratory process optimization and validation.
- Support experiments that address critical findings from analytical data anomalies that are potentially sample-related; participates in interpretation of results and authorship of final reports.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS Degree in science and 3 years of lab experience handling biological samples and experience in Molecular Biology techniques required.
- MS with > 3 years of hands-on experience handling biological samples and Molecular Biology techniques in a Pharma/Biotechnology or academic labs preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working in a laboratory managing clinical or non-clinical samples.
- Demonstrated experience in molecular techniques including DNA/RNA extraction, Picogreen & Ribogreen quantitation, PCR, RT-PCR.
- Experience in utilizing a variety of analytical platforms and instrumentation.
- Proficiency with PC computer systems, including email and calendar applications and MS Office.
- Good organizational, multitasking, and prioritization skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Requires attention to detail, and accuracy in data entry, while maintaining study timelines.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, paired with partnering and performance skills.
- Team player with demonstrated good interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships within functional area.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and to tight timelines.
- Customer orientated mind-set.
- Good level of initiative and the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Experience with Micro Array, NGS and WGS.
- Working knowledge of laboratory functions (ex. LIS, LIMS, Quality, etc.).
- Computer skills in laboratory informatics systems and data processing.
- Experience working in multi-cultural teams.