Biomarker Sourcing Manager
389 DNA Way, SSF20 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biomarker Sourcing Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biomarker Sourcing Manager
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The department of R&D Procurement leads outsourcing efforts for clinical trials to support novel therapeutics for unmet medical needs.
- This role is responsible for leading the sourcing and contracting process aligned with clinical biomarker strategies.
- We are seeking a highly-motivated candidate to support the development of the client’ s clinical portfolio.
- The primary responsibility for this individual will be to lead the sourcing and contracting initiatives for all biomarker activities on clinical trials.
- This includes conducting Request for Proposals (RFPs), Service Provider Identifications, Bid Presentations, Bid Analyses, Vendor Negotiations, Contract Development, Change Orders, and Management of Issues.
- This individual will also serve as a representative of R&D Procurement to work collaboratively to define and refine sourcing strategies with input from key stakeholders.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s in Business or Science or equivalent experience with industry experience
- 5+ years of experience preferred.
- Thorough understanding of disease and drug target biology, a pragmatic approach to integrating biomarkers into clinical trials, and willingness to work in close partnerships both externally and internally with various cross functional groups across the enterprise.
- Effective communication and the ability to multi-task are essential.
- Thorough understanding of Pharmaceutical/Biotech landscape and Clinical Research and Development trends
- Highly effective at working cross-functionally by building internal and external relationships to create alignment
- Organization skills to support dynamic business requirements
- Ability to collaborate across the enterprise with various stakeholders
- Demonstrates strategic agility with strong business acumen to effectively negotiate business terms and conditions
- Evidence of strong strategic thinking, analytical and complex problem-solving skills required