151 Oyster Point Blvd, South San Francisco, CA 94080
Biomarker Research Scientist
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Isolate white blood cells / PBMCs from human blood by rigorously following a standardized procedure
- Organize and maintain a sample biorepository, including accessioning samples in an electronic database, labeling / barcoding, and reconciling with physical cold chain storage
- Participate in migration to Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Willing to work some Saturdays and evening hours with minimum 24 hours advance notice of timing
- BS/MS with at least 2 years of academic or industry laboratory experience
- Experience working with human whole blood including isolation of PBMCs
- High attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- General computer skills (including Excel)
- Ability to multi-task, ask questions, and excel in a dynamic work environment