Biomarker Operations Project Manager
620 E Grand Ave., SSF45 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Biomarker Operations Project Manager to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Biomarker Operations Project Manager
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provides the day-to-day operational management of biomarker vendors to ensure delivery against contracted scope of work
- Partners with internal/external stakeholders in the central lab set up, providing sample collection and processing instructions, kit contents, shipping conditions and logistics for biomarker samples
- Performs ongoing biomarker vendor management including development and oversight of scope of work, budgets (invoice review & reconciliation) and performance management
- Serves as primary point of contact for laboratories performing biomarker analysis and hence supports the biomarker outsourcing process through effective vendor management
- Identifies areas of best practice and process improvements
- Participates in Product Development Global Operations initiatives and programs as assigned
- May lead or be a representative on functional groups goals, initiatives and work-streams
- Ensures study adherence to ICH/GCP and SOPs
- In some cases may also be applicable to bioanalytical samples in partnership with the bioanalytical managers
Summary of Qualifications:
- Life sciences degree (Bachelor or Masters) in Scientific, Medical or Healthcare subject area required. Further qualification, e.g. PhD and/or project management certification is desirable.
- 3+ years related professional experience in a clinical research setting, clinical/diagnostic laboratory, or pharmaceutical/biotechnology R&D environment
- Extensive clinical development experience with evidence of working in teams running clinical studies
- Pharmaceutical industry experience or experience working as a clinical trial coordinator within a clinical trial setting is a plus
- Clinical or biological laboratory experience with evidence of involvement in the processing and/or analysis of biological samples
- Project management skills
- Critical reasoning skills including the identification and resolution of complex problems
- Detail oriented with the ability to work independently and manage multiple competing priorities
- Planning, organizational and time management skills
- Highly flexible in a fast pace global matrix environment
- Professional interpersonal skills, excellent oral/written communication and influencing skills
- Proven leadership skills, ability to successfully achieve results within a multi-cultural and geographically diverse team
- Creates team culture and promotes team spirit.
- Global Vendor Management experience preferred
- Good knowledge of ICH GCP