5945 Optical Court San Jose, CA 95138
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Scientist to be part of our client’ s team in the South Bay. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
Bioinformatics Scientist I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist (contractor)
- Design and develop complex yet robust and scalable bioinformatics solutions for new diagnostic products in CLIA lab.
- Design and implement new quality control methodologies and creative data visualizations to monitor performance of clinical laboratory.
- Use knowledge of industry standards and best practices to contribute to robust bioinformatics development processes.
- Work with the software development team to deliver production-grade pipelines.
- Collaborate with assay development to design and perform analytical studies to implement molecular diagnostics.
- Partner with commercial team to understand the needs of the customers.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Master' s degree (in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computational Biology, or a related discipline) and 7 years of relevant experience OR Ph.D. and 4 years related experience.
- In-depth experience with bioinformatics tools development.
- Strong knowledge of molecular genetics.
- Knowledge of statistics.
- Experience with next generation sequencing data and targeted sequencing.
- Proficiency in programming, e.g. R (preferred), Python.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Track record of publishing.