475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The candidate will perform data management and curation tasks to support biomarker discovery and companion diagnostic development efforts in the Development Sciences department. In the process of performing this work, the candidate will communicate extensively with scientists, research associates, operations managers, clinical data managers, analysts and vendor representatives.
- Working with biomarker operations managers and biometrics colleagues to draft data transfer specifications and statements of work.
- Acquiring and QC’ ing biomarker data files from internal groups and external vendors. Capturing data in internal file systems and databases.
- Monitoring data processing requests and submitting data files to analysis pipelines
- Merging different data biomarker types with clinical data to generate analysis-ready data sets
- Curating and cataloguing biomarker data sets, maintaining listings of available data, and distributing to collaborators
- Maintaining and curating content of internal knowledge sharing repositories
Required Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master' s degree in Life Science or Computer Sciences with at least > 5 years work related experience.
- Familiarity working in a Linux computing environment
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Experience managing and curating biological or clinical data
- Careful, detail-oriented working style
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
Desired Summary of Qualifications:
- Relational databases and SQL
- Statistical software packages such as R or SAS
- Clinical trial data management
- Working with genomics datasets
- Setting up and maintaining online content management systems or wikis