Bioinformatics Associate III
1 DNA way South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Department of Bioinformatics and Computational Biology is seeking a highly motivated full-time computational biologist contractor to work with our team. The primary focus of this contractor position will be on the analysis and interpretation of high-throughput genomic and clinical data, to further our understanding of the interactions between the immune and stromal components of the tumor microenvironment as they relate to cancer immunotherapy. (A basic understanding of cancer or immune biology is a plus for this position, but is not a requirement.)
- A successful computational biologist contractor will be expected to:
- Analyze and interpret high-throughput molecular data (RNA-Seq, single-cell transcriptomics, etc) in the context of biological problems, in close collaboration with an interdisciplinary team of bench and computational scientists.
- Integrate high-throughput molecular data with clinical outcome data to inform research programs
- Contribute to publications in high-quality scientific, technical, and medical journals (and receive publication credit for these contributions)
- Create interactive visualization and analysis tools to enhance collaboration with bench scientists (preferred, but not required)
Summary of Qualifications:
- Masters or Ph.D. in a relevant field (such as computational biology, systems biology, bioinformatics, genomics, statistics, cancer biology, etc.)
- High level of proficiency with R programming language.
- Experience in the analysis, visualization, and interpretation of high-throughput data in collaboration with bench scientists and/or clinical scientists.
- Experience with one or more high-throughput biological assays such as RNA-seq, exome-seq, ChIP-seq and ATAC-seq.
- Experience with single cell RNA-seq is a plus but not required.
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills.