Bioinformatics Associate II
340 Pt. San Bruno Blvd., SSF14 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The candidate will work in close collaboration with scientists in Cancer Immunology using state-of-the-art bioinformatics and biostatistics tools and methods. The main focus of this bioinformatics position is the development and implementation of computational pipelines to process and analyze high throughput microbiome data, in the context of pharmaceutical research.
- Duties could include:
- Evaluation of tools and methods for microbiome analysis
- Development of a pipeline to process whole genome metagenomics data
- Data management of metagenomics data
- Visualization of metagenomics data
- Data mining of public and internal microbiomics data
Summary of Qualifications:
- Master' s degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, statistics; or bachelor' s degree in a life science or statistical field with at least three years of experience working in a quantitative biosciences position
- Familiarity working in a Linux computing environment
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Experience managing and curating biological or clinical data
- Careful, detail-oriented working style
- Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Experience with the following is desired:
- Previous experience working with microbiome datasets and evaluating and implementing metagenomics computational tools