Bioinformatics Associate II
475 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate II
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The candidate will perform data management, analysis, and workflow tasks to support the use of genomic real-world data in biomarker discovery and companion diagnostic development efforts in the Oncology Biomarker Development department. In the process of performing this work, the candidate will communicate extensively with scientists, research associates, operations managers, clinical data managers, analysts and vendor representatives.
- Workflow operations & management for data requests, data sharing, and data utility.
- Fulfilling genomic data analysis requests.
- Tracking workflow metrics & data utility (quantitative and qualitative).
- Working collaboratively to develop & maintain tools & resources for workflows & data analyses (e.g. reference materials, FAQs, web portals).
Summary of Qualifications:
- Master' s degree in genomics, molecular biology, cancer biology, bioinformatics, or equivalent; or bachelor' s degree in a life science field with at least three years of experience working in a biosciences data analyst or project management position.
- Cancer biology or genomics background is required.
- Must have strong organizational skills with very high attention to detail.
- Good collaborator with excellent communication skills is required.
- Nice to have experience analyzing large datasets, but not required.
- Project management is desired.
- Familiarity with genomic data resources (e.g. TCGA, cBioPortal, COSMIC, Ensembl, etc.) is nice to have.