Bioinformatics Associate II
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate II to be part of our client’ s team in the South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate II:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
This position offers the rewarding opportunity to do work that advances personalized medicine and helps patients, and to work in an international team environment that fosters a culture of collaborative scientific investigation and publication. The Bioinformatics Analyst will collaborate with biomarker scientists and other analytical scientists on multiple oncology studies to perform biomarker analyses and visualization. Responsibilities could include:
- Perform bioinformatics and statistical analysis of biomarker data (including high throughput genomics and transcriptomics data sets) from clinical trial samples in collaboration with oncology biomarker scientists
- Develop and apply diverse bioinformatics methods for biomarker analyses that utilize innovative molecular and computational technologies
- Ensure the quality of acquired data and apply advanced statistical methods to determine and mitigate sources of bias and noise in complex datasets
- Document analytical methods used in individual studies
- Collaborate with other bioinformatics scientists and biostatisticians to establish and align on best practices, and deliver best-in-class solutions
- Present analysis results at internal meetings and contribute to publications
Summary of Qualifications:
- PhD in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, statistics, systems biology, genetics, genomics or related life science field with significant quantitative research experience.
- MS degree holders with 3+ years of work experience will be considered.
- Familiarity working in a Linux computing environment
- Proficiency in a high-level programming language, such as R, Perl or Python.
- Demonstrated skills and expertise with industry-standard bioinformatics packages. Experience with Bioconductor is strongly preferred.
- Applicants with an understanding of concepts in cancer biology, genomics, and immunology, and familiarity with high-throughput sequencing (e.g., whole exome sequencing) and gene expression (e.g., whole transcriptome sequencing) technologies will be prioritized
- Experience analyzing data from clinical studies is a plus
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Ability to learn and use new statistical methodology and excellent analytical skills
- Proven ability to work successfully under pressure
- Proven planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Oral and written English fluency
- Passionate about applying your skills to advance personalized medicine and help patients