Bioinformatics Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate I
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Department of Microchemistry, Proteomics, and Lipidomics (MPL) is seeking a versatile, multi-skilled contract Computational Scientific Researcher to join our Computational Proteomics group. This position will work as part of a team of scientists and software engineers to analyze mass spectrometry data from bottom-up proteomic and intact / native protein experiments as part of larger efforts to develop novel therapeutics and better understand the mechanisms of disease.
- The successful candidate will work hands-on in the computational analysis of proteomic data using established and novel applications, to visualize the data, and deliver results which can be communicated clearly to researchers across Research and Early Development organization.
Work within a team of highly-motivated individuals to analyze data from bottom-up, middle-down, and top-down proteomic mass spectrometry experiments through the use of scientific software and libraries in Python and R.
- Collaborate closely with bench scientists to understand the biological rationale behind experiments and develop computational approaches to test the proposed hypotheses.
- Develop appropriate visualizations for the data using tools in Python and R, and environments such as Tibco Spotfire.
- Work as part of a team to develop novel approaches to analyze proteomic mass spectrometry data, especially tools to address native MS and targeted proteomic approaches.
- Contribute to the development of standalone tools for proteomic data analysis for a non-computational audience.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Ph.D., or MS with at least 4 years of relevant experience.
- The successful candidate must possess strong computational biology and data analysis skills and proficiency in R and Python.
- Experience in analyzing mass-spectrometry-based proteomic data is highly desired.
- Fluency in visualization techniques and generation of appropriate visualizations in R and systems such as Spotfire are essential.
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices and familiarity with data management techniques will be strongly beneficial.
- The ideal candidate will be self-directed, have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work with a diverse team consisting of discovery research scientists, bioinformatic specialists, and laboratory personnel.