Bioinformatics Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate I?
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Seeking a talented Data Management Coordinator to contribute to scientific data management efforts. The candidate will perform project coordination tasks as a member of the data management team, in order to support biomarker discovery and companion diagnostic development efforts. In the process of performing this work, the candidate will communicate extensively with exploratory biomarker data managers, scientists, research associates, operations managers, clinical data managers, analysts and vendor representatives.
- Development Sciences is a translational science organization that plays a critical role in Research and Early Development of product. Informatics is accountable for leading the strategy and execution around data lifecycle management, data standards, analytics infrastructure, ongoing data operations and informatics systems
- Coordination with internal stakeholders and external business partners.
- Working with data management colleagues to distribute data transfer requests, monitor processing queues and contribute to workflow improvements.
- Working with scientists and informatics colleagues to inventory, store and catalog available biomarker data for prioritized projects and studies.
- Registering metadata about biomarker data assets in internal systems and databases.
- Maintaining content of internal knowledge sharing and documentation repositories.
- Management of permissions and access for data stored on internal file systems.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s degree in a life science or computing field with at least three years of experience working in a project coordinator or administrative role
- Must have outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Administrative or project management experience in research or product development settings is required
- Experience interacting with scientific stakeholders is a must
- Required to be familiar working in a Linux computing environment
- Must have a careful, detail-oriented working style
- Initiative in identifying, suggesting and executing process improvements
- Desired to setup and maintaining online content management systems or wikis
- Project management or business analysis experience is nice to have
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python desired
- Nice have experience with relational databases and SQL
- Statistical software packages such as R or SAS are preferred
- Clinical trial data management is nice to have
- Experience working with genomics datasets is nice to have