Bioinformatics Associate I
455 East Grand Avenue South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking Bioinformatics Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Infrastructure development for CRISPR/Cas9 functional screens data processing, analysis and visualization.
- Expanding on CRISPR functional screens processing and analysis infrastructure
- Development and improvement of current CRISPR functional screens visualization tools, both static and interactive
- Development of automated analysis reports for CRISPR screens.
- Development of bioinformatics tools for selecting CRISPR single-guide RNA (sgRNA) and visualization tools for sgRNA in a genome browser
- Processing and QC of NGS data to support CRISPR-related projects in Discovery Oncology and Molecular Biology
- Processing of CRISPR functional screen NGS projects and report generation
- Processing of individual analysis projects related to the development of CRISPR technologies
- Import and processing of public CRISPR screens datasets
- Master' s degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, statistics; or bachelor' s degree in a life science or statistical field with at least three years of experience working in a quantitative biosciences position
- Strong statistical software engineering skills and Unix/Linux proficiency
- High level of proficiency with R programming language
- Experience with R shiny preferable.
- Experience with at least one the following high-throughput genomics platforms: RNA-seq, ChIP-seq, ATAC-seq, DNase, SNP arrays, methylation arrays, Whole-genome bisulfite sequencing (WGBS), CRISPR/Cas9 functional screens
- Familiarity with genetics and genomics data, with deeper understanding for at least one area of genomics