Bioinformatics Associate I
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a Bioinformatics Associate I to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Bioinformatics Associate I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Participate in the creation of large DNA libraries used for screening assays.
- The primary role will be to obtain gene lists, extract, analyze, annotate and organize protein sequence information from external (such as Uniprot) as well as internal databases
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor' s Degree or equivalent education and typically 2-4 years of experience,
- Master' s Degree or equivalent education and typically 0-3 years of experience.
- Background in life sciences or work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Molecular Biology and/or Biochemistry training is required. Knowledge and an understanding of protein structure/function relationships are highly preferred.
- Familiarity with membrane and secreted proteins is a plus.
- Strong Excel formatting skills are required.
- A basic knowledge of scripting/programming (Python, Shell, Perl, or similar) is required for extracting, transforming, and loading data.
- Expected to access and interact with databases using APIs.
- Experience with database query and design is a plus. Knowledge of SQL, R or Unix programming also a plus.
- Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to communicate and collaborate effectively with bioinformatics and research scientists.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills.