4300 Hacienda Drive
Industry: Clinical & Scientific
Job Number: 16018
Bayside Solutions is seeking a BioRepository Technician to be part of our client’ s team in the Tri-Valley Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The BioRepository Technician will facilitate the daily operation of the BioRepository in the BioSpecimen Management (BSM) function.
- Daily operation includes, but is not limited to, management of inventory, processing, distribution, storage, and disposition of biological materials.
- BSM is an agile bioservices function that drives the acquisition, characterization, and management of human biological materials and microorganisms.
- Works independently to deliver simple, efficient solutions in preparation and receipt of shipments, verification, processing, storage, retrieval and distribution of samples, and management of sample collection materials and laboratory supplies.
- Maintains end-to-end traceability of all biological materials and associated data sets handled.
- Maintains an audit-ready, validated work environment, such as laboratory, equipment and databases, in accordance with established procedures.
- Adheres to departmental work instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA safety regulations and Good Laboratory Practices to perform assigned tasks while handling hazardous biological materials (BSL-2).
- Understands business processes and proposes simple solutions for process optimization.
Summary of Qualifications:
- HS diploma or GED and certificate (e.g. Lab Tech, EMT) required; AA or higher degree with biological science coursework preferred.
- Experience in handling human biological materials a must.
- Experience working with databases in a biobank/biorepository desired.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; Microsoft Word and Excel acuity.
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs, and work in a cold biosafety laboratory environment.
- Passionate about the importance of biological material traceability in the product development cycle.
- Results and goal oriented; organized, adaptable and meticulous.
- Able to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment with efficiency; capable of handling multiple projects concurrently.