BioAnalytical Manager III
475 E Grand Ave., SSF42 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking a BioAnalytical Manager III to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
BioAnalytical Manager III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- BioAnalytical Sciences (BAS) develops implements and provides strategic direction for state of the art bioanalytical methods and automation systems.
- BAS data and expertise enable the characterization of the pharmacokinetic, immunogenic and in vitro biological activities of biotherapeutics during drug development and throughout the product life cycle.
- The BioAnalytical Manager (BAM) is a project management role in BAS.
- BAM works with clinical study teams, contracting group, data group, DMPK, BAS, central labs and contract labs to outsource and manage biosample (PK/ATA) analysis. The BAM is simultaneously assigned to multiple studies and is an agenda-driven ad-hoc member of the clinical study management team (SMT) for each study.
- The responsibilities for BioAnalytical Manager include: Driving the development of assay vendor SOWs, managing vendor contracts, including review of invoices, ensuring receipt of SOW deliverables, resolving or escalating issues where needed, and closing contracts Assist with identifying and on-boarding assay vendors including SOW development, budget planning, and specifying data formats Preparing vendor oversight plans for each study as needed. Ensuring alignment with cross-functional stakeholders and document team decisions in the PK/ATA Sample Flow Diagram Developing timelines for PK and ATA data for managing contract labs to ensure samples are tested according to protocol/team timelines, data is returned in the specified format, and all SOW specified deliverables are met Overseeing shipping and receipt of biosamples from central labs to assay laboratories Providing biosample metrics and status updates to teams as requested Supporting clinical study teams (PET/SMT), pharmacology teams through attending appropriate meetings as needed Serving as the on-going operational point of contact between internal gRED functions and assay vendors for communication regarding sample logistics and availability, batching and testing timelines, reanalysis, and data reportable tracking Making arrangement for samples and data handling/archiving at the completion of the study
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree or Master’ s degree in a scientific discipline 5 + years of experience in related field that includes experience working in the biotech industry and in clinical study teams with involvement in the processing and/or analysis of biological samples
- Ability to deliver results successfully, collaborating with multi-cultural and geographically diverse teams
- Technical experience/knowledge of bioanalytical assay methods.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization in a positive and collaborative manner
- Strong organizational skills with attention to details
- Independently manage multiple competing priorities, while working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and effective influencing/negotiating skills.