BSM Scientist I
4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a BSM Scientist I to be part of our client’ s team in the East Bay Area. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
BSM Scientist I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Works independently to deliver simple, efficient solutions, facilitating receipt of shipments of human biological samples, verify sample integrity and data accuracy, process (centrifuge, aliquot, and pool) samples, consolidate inventory, retrieve and distribute samples, maintain inventory of supplies and ships supplies and facilitate routine activities in the build of custom panels, in close communication with team members.
- Assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all assigned projects, tasks and related activities, and keeps supervisor informed of project status.
- Assumes accountability for electronic records management and use of validated systems ensuring information is maintained in a timely manner, accurately and consistently.
- Follows good practices in their daily tasks.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Associate degree or certification in Biological Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1+-years of related experience required, including at least 6 months of handling biological samples.
- Understanding of good laboratory, data and documentation practices a must.
- Experience with basic computer applications a must.
- Ability to work in low temperatures environment, with human biological samples.
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 lbs.
- Good organizational, written and verbal communication and cross-functional participation skills.
- Adaptable and meticulous; Able to work in dynamic and matrix environment, and capable of handling multiple projects.
- Understands the importance and impact of biospecimens in research; Results and goals oriented.