BSM Data Specialist I
4300 Hacienda Dr Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Contract
Bayside Solutions is seeking a BSM Data Specialist I to be part of our client’ s team in the Tri-Valley. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
BSM Data Specialist I:
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The BioSpecimen Data Specialist position will facilitate the daily operation associated with the management of data within the BioSpecimen Management (BSM) function.
- The BioSpecimen Management function at the client leads the acquisition, characterization, and management of biological materials, associated data, and build of select panels designed to facilitate and advance research and development activities.
- Under general supervision, the candidate conducts data management activities, such as, data file transfers from suppliers, tracking of source data files, data review, data transcription, data import, data quality and consistency checks, resolution of data discrepancies, and data export while working within a validated laboratory information management system.
- Works independently and assumes responsibility for the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of all assigned projects and related activities, and keeps supervisor informed of project status.
- Maintains working relations with external partners and internal clients/project teams and trains them on data processes as needed
- Assumes accountability for electronic records management and use of validated systems ensuring information is maintained according to established formats.
- With guidance, analyzes and brainstorms alternative approaches to solve complex problems or develop new perspectives on existing solutions.
- Assists with computer system validation activities (testing, training, etc.), change management and data standardization, as required, in compliance with business and regulatory standards.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Biological Science or related field, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1-4 years of related experience required.
- Prior data management experience in the diagnostics, pharmaceutical or medical device industry preferred.
- Working knowledge of relational databases, regulatory requirements, project/program management, preferably related to clinical data management a plus.
- Excellent ability to handle data meticulously, in a well-organized manner, with understanding of Good Clinical Data Management Practices a must.
- Self-motivated individual who can maintain quality, accuracy and timeliness of deliverables.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Excel is a must.