Pleasanton, CA 94588 | Direct Hire
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Automation Engineer to be a part of our partner’ s team in the Pleasanton Area. They are a gene editing technology company developing a family of CRISPR enzymes.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Responsible for developing and operating automation solutions in support of the Enzyme Engineering and Applications teams.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Based on requirements gathered from Enzyme Engineering and Applications teams, assist in selecting, purchasing, installing and validating new automation equipment
- Work closely with bench scientists to adapt protocols to automated systems and script new workflows that meet key performance metrics
- Collaborate with scientific teams to execute these automated workflows
- Perform equipment maintenance, calibration and quality assurance to ensure process robustness and minimize down time
- Integrate automated workflows with internal software and data systems to automate complex experimental designs and ensure samples and metadata are captured and tracked appropriately
- MS or BS in a Science or Engineering discipline
- 3 or more years hand-on experience with automated liquid handling systems such as Tecan Freedom Evo, Biomek FX/NX or Hamilton Vantage/Microlab.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt bench-scale protocols to automation systems
- Experience with relevant software and data systems such as Python, C++, SQL
- A desire to work in a highly collaborative and cross-functional team
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment