Automation Engineer III
105 Digital Drive Novato, CA 94949
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Automation Engineer III to be part of our client’ s team in Novato. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Automation Engineer III
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Automation Subject Matter Expert to support the design, engineering, and commissioning of control systems for new utilities and/or manufacturing equipment projects.
- Responsible for reviewing vendor supplied drawings, documents and test packages.
- This position will require working with validated and non-validated systems. Modifications to validated system will require working within the Change Control program.
- Potential travel to vendor sites for factory acceptance testing.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Minimum of bachelor’ s degree in mechanical, electrical, or chemical engineering.
- BMS and/or HVAC experience is required.
- 5+ yrs experience with biotech/pharma manufacturing systems and equipment (Buffer/Media, Bioreactors, Purification, CIP) is preferred.
- 10+ years Allen-Bradley PLC hardware and software experience preferred (SLC, CompactLogix, ControlLogix, RSLogix500, RSLogix5000, and DeviceNet) is preferred.
- Experience with JCI Metesys BMS is preferred.
- Experience with developing GAMP5 controls documentation for capital projects as well as reviewing/approving vendor supplied documentation (URS, FS, SDS, and FAT/SAT test plans).
- Experience with industrial networks and communication protocols preferred.
- Prior experience with controls systems supplied with skidded equipment utilized in fermentation, cell separation and recovery, filtration, CIP, and clean utilities preferred.
- Proficiency with standard office software applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Power Point, MS Access.