Associate Process Development Engineer
700 Forbes Blvd., SSF07 South San Francisco, CA 94080
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Associate Process Development Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in South San Francisco. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Associate Process Development Engineer?
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The client has an opportunity available for an Engineer to join the Process Development Engineering (PDE) department within the Operations and Engineering group. PDE’ s mission is to revolutionize bioprocessing is currently leading an effort to evaluate new technology for upstream and downstream operations such as harvest and continuous capture chromatography.
- Looking for individuals who are team players, passionate about innovation, collaborative, proactive, and curious.
- This position’ s responsibilities will focus on designing and executing experiments for evaluating new technologies for cell culture and downstream unit operations such as harvest, perfusion cell culture, and continuous capture chromatography under the manager’ s guidance.
- The scope of work will include but is not limited to the following:
- Evaluate technical feasibility of the bench and pilot scale systems
- Generate test protocols, design & execute small scale/pilot scale experiments, perform statistical data analysis, author technical reports.
- Collaborate with pilot plants, GMP production, vendor/suppliers, and bioprocessing groups
- Provide technical feedback on device design and performance (i.e. materials of construction, device configuration, etc.)
- Perform equipment components testing (assemblies as well as connectivity to upstream equipment)
- Support project management by coordinating experimental activities across cross functional teams in development including Cell Culture, Purification, Pilot Plants, Analytical Operations
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s in chemical engineering, chemistry, or equivalent degree
- 0-2+ years’ experience in the biotech/pharma industry in a lab and/or manufacturing environment preferably with single use technology experience
- Must have cell culture and/or purification knowledge and small scale or pilot scale lab experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in operational cell culture lab scale/scaledown fermentation experience.
- Must have inoculated, monitored, troubleshot, designed experiments, took samples for, and analyzed data for 2L-1000L cell culture bioreactors.
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities to design experiments, analyze, accurately document, and summarize data
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Preferred Skills:
- Understanding of upstream and downstream biopharmaceutical processes and
- equipment technologies
- Operational experience with single use technologies, SUB, perfusion ideal
- Vendor/supplier management