Associate Director HR
4560 Horton Street, Building Q Emeryville, CA 94608
Bayside Solutions is seeking a friendly, energetic Associate Director HR to provide expertise to the clients’ designated QC group, and to accurately assess the purity, potency, efficacy, and other performance characteristics for the purpose of supporting both manufacturing and quality assurance in the production, release, and monitoring of established product lines.
The culture is based on the idea of others. They pride themselves in their commitment to finding cures that other biotech companies have not tackled.
Our Company Bio:
Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Associate Director HR
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Associate Director, Human Resources provides strategic, client-focused support to meet the operational & long-term business objectives of the client.
- Will include the following activities:
- Continuously asses the organization to anticipate business needs.
- Provide solutions to business issues utilizing HR best practices.
- Work in collaboration with leaders to develop & implement business unit / departmental change.
- Advocate sound principles of people management practices.
- Represent the company externally in diverse forums as needed.
- HR Lead for the North America Diagnostics Division in delivering comprehensive human resources support to the Division
- It will support executive leadership, exempt & non-exempt employees.
- Works in collaboration with business leaders to develop/implement business process change & solutions to critical business objectives (i.e., education around critical topics, business process change, etc.) through multi-vehicle communication plans.
- Leads the Talent Management process for all businesses in the site, including Talent Review sessions, liaison between the functional leaders & the Talent Acquisition team, Leadership Development & Performance Management. Collaborates with respective HR areas of expertise in these initiatives
- Proactively prepares key business data analysis & makes recommendations to effectively communicate HR products, services & programs (i.e. talent & performance management, benefits, compensation practices, orientation & manager assimilation).
- Ensures goals/objectives are set, communicated & are consistent with the business strategy.
- Partners with clients to ensure the performance management process & progressive counseling process proactively address performance issues.
- Manages employee relations issues to provide effective resolution & ensure consistent application of the company’ s vision, values & beliefs. Conducts investigations & integrates the findings.
- Ensures career planning & personal development plans are completed & that managers are equipped to deliver development discussions, including proactive follow up.
- Identifies organizational capability, strengths & gaps with partners to develop & implement plans to close competency issues with defined action items (staffing changes, development plans).
- Evaluates the effectiveness of career paths, job ladders & job/role descriptions to ensure validity & consistency of use among client groups.
- Communicates reward & retention philosophy of the organization & for the business unit.
- Ensures promotion & reward decisions are closely correlated with operating performance of business unit.
- Ensures effective application of the annual performance management program through evaluation, analysis, & feedback.
- Conducts compensation analyzes & makes recommendation around total reward programs impacting the client groups.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Business, HR or related field is required. Master' s Degree is preferred.
- SPHR Certification strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of HR Generalist experience including work as either an HR Business Partner or in an HR leadership role.
- Experience in a related industry is preferred (diagnostics, blood, medical device, etc.).
- Expert knowledge of HR / market trends & alternative approaches to HR practices – i.e., work/life policy, compensation, team facilitation, organizational development.
- Expert analytical, oral & written communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking & problem solving skills, including the ability to perform root cause analysis.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to initiate & champion change.