Associate Director, Supply Chain
San Carlos, CA 94070
Associate Director, Supply Chain
San Carlos, CA
6 Month contract opportunity
The Associate Director, Supply Chain will lead and coordinate supply planning and logistics activities across multiple contract manufacturers organizations, (CMOs), Clinical Packaging and critical raw material suppliers.
- Develop effective programs for all tumor, final product and sample shipments that address redundancy, expiration and temperature requirements and monitoring.
- Manage sourcing, supply and packaging of co-therapy drugs in support of global clinical trials and commercial manufacturing.
- Develop and manage the supply of critical materials to all CMOs and ensure supply through inventory management at CMOs and suppliers and identify risks associated with meeting the inventory strategies and develop contingency plans around that risk as needed.
- Work closely with Clinical Operations to identify study drug requirements, distribution warehouses and import/export requirements.
- Support Clinical Operations with new site onboarding and the management, procurement, and distribution of co-therapy drugs in the US and EU for all clinical programs.
- Review patient driven demand of tumor collection shipments, final frozen product shipments collaboratively with Clinical Operations and ensure that shipment requests are timely coordinated.
- Ensure sufficient supplies of key raw materials to support clinical trials and commercial launch through effective risk mitigation and inventory programs
- Inventory forecasting activities for clinical and commercial production runs.
- Maintain and develop key metrics to evaluate supplier performance; conduct post-contract management and facilitate supplier relationship management processes. Track supplier performance metrics.
- Actively monitor the supply strategy, including forecasting and communication with suppliers. Proactively resolve issues with suppliers and recommend and help implement solutions.
- Work with Logistics and Planning to monitor courier performance.
- Reduce risk through effective risk mitigation programs that focus on appropriate second source strategies, increasing capacities of our contract manufacturers and shortening supply chain cycle times.
- Work directly with all US and EU suppliers to ensure compliance of local and international GMP/regulation requirements and perform risk assessment to determine criticality.
- Establish procedures and policies regarding supply chain requirements for Research and Process Development requirements that ensure supply, consistency and pricing.
- Bachelor’ s degree in Life Sciences, Logistics/Supply Chain or related business administration is required with a certification in logistics or planning preferred.
- At least 7 to 10 years of relevant logistics, site scheduling and planning for clinical and commercial production in the pharma/biotech industry.
- Demonstrated technical skills and mindset in logistic and cold chain management, including process optimization.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Pharmaceutical Supply Chain. International distribution experience preferred.
- Self-motivated and willing to accept temporary responsibilities outside of initial job description.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential in this collaborative work environment.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced small company environment with minimal direction and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.