Associate Director, SEC Reporting & Internal Controls
790 Lindaro Street San Rafael, CA 94901
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Associate Director, SEC Reporting & Internal Controls to be part of our client’ s team in San Rafael. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Associate Director, SEC Reporting & Internal Controls
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- The Associate Director is responsible for the key areas of the external reporting function and assisting with quarterly compliance reporting. The Associate Director is also responsible for ensuring compliance with internal controls over various aspects of the financial reporting process and filings with SEC. The Associate Director supports technical accounting research needs and assists in meeting the requirements for external reporting.
- The ideal candidate will be a certified public accountant with a recent blend of both Big 4 or large regional CPA firm as well as public company reporting experience. The successful candidate will be a good communicator and able to effectively interact with all personnel levels within the Finance and Legal department as well as cross
- Required tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly, annual, and periodic SEC filings, including managing support for disclosures prepared by business partners.
- Ensure financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines.
- Review disclosure schedules prepared by the Senior Manager Financial Reporting & Internal Controls.
- Review and approval of changes to XBRL tagging proposed by the Senior Manager Financial Reporting & Internal Controls.
- Review of Quarterly Disclosure Checklist.
- Review tie-out of SEC filing to supporting documentation.
- Review WASO Calculation.
- Prepare EPS calculation.
- Assist Investor Relations with preparation of earnings release; Financial Statements, Guidance and Non-GAAP disclosures.
- Tie out earnings release.
- Review valuation of equity awards to employees.
- Review ESPP valuation and expense calculation.
- Assisting in the management of the external SOX auditors with PBC request/management and scheduling of internal resources, when needed.
- Identifying process improvements to streamline the reporting process, including the preparation of SEC filings, Earnings Release and supporting disclosures schedules is a plus.
- Execute responsibilities over SEC Reporting to maintain our strong internal control environment.
- Support Director of SEC Reporting, Technical Accounting & Internal Controls with technical accounting research, as needed.
- Provide strategic analysis of financial data and ad hoc financial reporting, as needed.
- Other projects and activities as assigned.
- Heavy interaction with Corporate Controller, Senior Directors of Corporate Accounting, Accounting Operations and North America Accounting as well business partners outside of finance including Commercial Operations, Technical Operations, Legal and Human Resources; other Finance and IM Department management and staff; cost center managers; external auditors; internal audit.
- Functionally in order to learn the Company’ s business operations and their potential disclosure implications in our public filings. Candidate will have the ability to multi-task, work independently in a fast-paced dynamic environment and collaborate with peers. Candidate must possess a strong desire to learn and develop new skills while providing enhancements to the current financial reporting function. Strong organization and analytical skills and attention to detail are essential.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Bachelor’ s degree in Accounting or related field is required. CPA or equivalent experience required.
- 10+ years of relevant experience (biotech industry a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of 2013 COSO framework and ability to apply the framework in a manner that supports SOX compliance and operational efficiencies.
- Understands the criticality of SOX compliance requirements and/or has experience designing, monitoring, and evaluating internal controls and SOX compliance in a pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or manufacturing organization.
- Working knowledge of Oracle, HFM and ActiveDisclosure a plus
- Computer skills including Excel, Word, Power Point and computerized G/L and financial reporting systems.
- The employee may frequently be required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Advanced understanding of generally accepted accounting principles
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize reporting and other management systems and tools.
- Highly motivated individual who is a self-starter and takes ownership of projects and tasks and works within multiple priorities and competing deadlines.
- Strong project management, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Must be highly detail oriented.
- Process-oriented, ability to work with others and lead and affect process change and improvements.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral, to facilitate interaction through all levels of the organization.