Associate Data Engineer
1000 New Horizons Way, VAC10 Vacaville, CA 95688
Bayside Solutions is seeking an Associate Data Engineer to be part of our client’ s team in Vacaville. This is an opportunity to work with the largest privately held pharmaceutical corporation in the world and ranks among the world' s 20 leading pharmaceutical corporations.
Our Client’ s culture is highly collaborative, offers an environment that encourages employees to expand their knowledge in order to make a profound impact on patients’ lives. This could explain why their company has been recognized as one of the “ Top Twenty Employers” in biotechnology and pharmaceuticals by Science Careers.
Our Company Bio: Bayside Solutions was founded in 2001, Bayside was recognized as one of the fastest growing professional staffing companies in Northern California. The numbers tell the story: We have close to a 100% client retention rate, 700% growth in four plus years and over 95% repeat business. Our dedication to building partnership relationships with both our clients and our recruits is the key to our phenomenal success.
You can find additional information on our company website at www.baysidesolutions.com.
Associate Data Engineer
- An opportunity to join a patient-focused organization that is driven to develop, manufacture and commercialize medicines to treat life threatening conditions.
- Work for a company that is local to the bay area and recognized as a leader of innovation.
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for medical, vision, dental benefits, paid sick time, and 401K.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work closely with process engineering staff to understand workflows and questions that originate in manufacturing and laboratory environments.
- Contribute to the development and ongoing support of process monitoring and analysis computer systems and tools with the overall goal of streamlining the PE staff' s ability to monitor and analyze both manufacturing and laboratory process data.
- Improve robustness of site specific developed software by resolving and documenting identified issues.
- Contribute to initiatives directed at streamlining and documenting analysis and reporting processes and tools.
Summary of Qualifications:
- BS or higher degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Experience translating scientific or engineering workflows into automated systems.
- 1 years of work experience with SQL and data manipulation.
- 1 year of work experience in current good manufacturing practice biopharmaceutical production setting (process development and/or manufacturing technical support).
- Some knowledge of statistical process control and data analysis techniques
- The ideal candidate will have a general knowledge of the underlying scientific principles applied to the development and manufacture of biopharmaceuticals. They will also have a keen interest in learning bioprocess operations.
- Proficiency in data analysis techniques and a willingness to learn new techniques is desired.
- Knowledge of the following software: SAS JMP usage and scripting, OSIsoft PI, Oracle SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft IIS, Powershell.
- Knowledge of software engineering practices: Source Control, Test Driven Development, Agile.